With effect from 01 August 2020:
If you have a set down venue received prior to 01 August, go to that venue, unless directed by the CCMA.
Disputes not already scheduled will take place:
- Digital online platform at the Commissioner’s preference.
- External venue, which can include the employer’s premises.
- CCMA Office
- Conciliations will preferably take place telephonically. There is no indication if this will be a set down date or a random telephone call at any time.
This should solve problems where disputes are set down out of the province.
Objections: Reasons for objecting to a digital meeting or external premises must be submitted in writing. The CCMA will then make decisions on how the matter will proceed, taking into account:
- Both Parties’ access to online digital platforms and money to purchase data.
- Physical access to the external venues, health and safety and other relevant factors.
No access to the CCMA offices
No one may visit any CCMA office for enquiries, submitting or collecting referral forms, dropping off any documents.
No walk-in referrals
Referral of disputes can only take place via:
- Registered mail
- CCMA online referral platform, Facebook or https://cmsonline.ccma.org.za.
- Cases can be tracked on the #CCMAConnect App.
Arbitration Awards will only be submitted by email or post.