Further to our Channel Chat that was sent to you regarding the National Minimum Wage (NMW) please note that there has been no further development regarding the same, as per below:
From the desk of Jonathan Goldberg
Date of compilation: 11 October 2018
“I have just returned from a meeting with the Department of Labour and the following Bills are still on the President’s desk:
– Amendments to the Employment Equity Act.
– Amendments to Occupational Health and Safety Act.
– National Minimum Wage.
– Amendments to Basic Conditions of Employment Act.
– Private Member’s Bill and Amendments.
– Unemployment Insurance Fund.
The Department has assured us of at least a month’s implementation time when the President signs them in. So even now 1 November is no longer a possibility. We will still keep you posted as we have information, but clearly the state of the economy is an issue that is foremost on the President’s mind in regard to the finalisation and signing into law. So as we speak even if signed today will not come in before, in our opinion, December.