Our Client, based in Pinetown, KZN, has a vacancy for a Code 10 Driver with a valid PDP.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver the required items to prescribed clients at the correct delivery sites, following prescribed routes and time schedules.
- Follow safety precautions and protocols to ensure the safety and security of goods, materials, and personnel on board.
- Keep a record of log of all areas traveled to, travel time and work hours.
- Review deliveries with clients to ensure that the order and the delivery of the goods and materials is correct.
- Obtain delivery confirmation from each client.
Desired Experience and Qualification
- Grade 12 (Matric) Certificate.
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a Driver.
- Valid Code 10 Driver’s License.
- Valid PDP.
- Excellent driving skills.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent co-ordination skills including hand-eye-foot co-ordination, a good sense of balance and the ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights.
- Deliver the required items to prescribed client sat the correct delivery sites, following prescribed routes and time schedules.
- Conduct an inspection of the vehicle before departing on delivery routes. Should any faults be found, report such faults to the responsible person.
- Assist with the loading and unloading of the delivery vehicle as may be required.
- Complete all paperwork connected with the conveyance of merchandise.
- Must be willing to travel extensively.
- No criminal record.