Our Client, based in New Germany (Pinetown KZN), is looking for a Maintenance Technician to join their team.
How to Apply
When applying, you need to send a “detailed” CV to Tanya Robinson (email@example.com) with “Maintenance Technician” in the Subject field. The requirements below are not negotiable, so if you do not have the qualifications and experience as listed below, you will unfortunately not be considered for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- All machines need to be checked for oil leaks, water leaks, ensure the lubrication is working and that there are no blow backs. If any found, it must be repaired immediately.
- Faults on machines must be reported daily and repaired.
- Ensure that all heater bands are functioning.
- There should be no plastic on heater bands and adapters.
- Ensure that there are no nozzle leaks, oil leaks and water leaks.
- There should be no hand tools, power tools or mould clamps lying around in the plant or on any machine at all times.
- Ensure lubricating oil is topped up in all machines daily and machine lubrication is working properly.
- Check hydraulic oil in all machines, and top up if necessary.
- All excess oils are to be removed and decanted in the appropriate demarcated flow bin outside the factory plant.
- Ensure there are no damaged cap screws in the system.
- General maintenance and upkeep of the factory is essential.
- Various panels and screws are to be replaced if found broken.
- Electrical boxes must be reported and fixed if it is found to be not working.
- An official maintenance plan must be drawn up and complied with.
- A preventative maintenance plan must be drawn up.
- Ensure the machines are in a safe and operating condition.
Desired Qualification and Experience
- Grade 12 (Matric).
- Semi-skilled Millwright.
- 3 – 5 years experience within the Plastic Industry.
Package and Remuneration
- This is a Contract position.
- Salary R20 000 per month, depending on experience.