Our Client, based in Pinetown (KZN), has a vacancy for a Regional Transport and Workshop Manager. The position will be reporting to the Regional Executive with a dotted line reporting to the Group Logistics Manager. The overall purpose of this position is, but is not limited to, control and efficiently manage the company vehicles as well as overseeing the repairs and maintenance of company vehicles.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the whole vehicle fleet and workshop with the objective of reducing costs whilst rendering adequate vehicles and support for operations and clients.
- Ensuring that the company policies and procedures pertaining to the vehicles and drivers are adhered to.
- Driving compliance with contemporary transport-related legislation.
- Implement compliance measures in line with the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
- Control workshops and staff and ensure that costs in vehicle repairs are controlled via proper authorization.
- Manage CAPEX and asset requirements.
- Ensure that accidents are properly investigated and appropriate action is taken.
- Overseeing the repairs and maintenance of Company vehicles.
- Booking vehicles for services and warranty repairs.
- Follow up on spares ordered for the mechanics.
- Ensure workshop opening and closing daily, timeously, and if and when required.
- Ensure that the vehicles book into the workshop and are done according to the specific procedure.
- Must be able to assist with any repairs and maintenance should the need arise.
- Ensure the mechanic test drives a vehicle before leaving the workshop.
- Record and report comebacks on vehicles.
- Ensure that parts are ordered according to the parts ordering system
- Ensure that the workshop area is kept clean and adhere to health and safety requirements
- Stocktake to be done on a monthly basis
- Controlling of stock on a daily basis
- Report daily to Regional Executive and logistics manager on all vehicles issues/personnel.
- General administration (emails, telephones enquiries, driver queries, supplier queries, invoices, etc.)
- Maintain vehicle service history files accurately
- Attend weekly meetings (crime meetings, accident meetings, operational meetings, etc.)
- Attend weekly vehicle inspections and provide feedback.
- Spot checks on vehicles to ensure the quality of the mechanic’s work is maintained
- Weekly inspection to see that all workshop equipment is safe and in working condition
- Adhering to all requirements as specified in the Transport policies and procedures.
Desired Qualification, Experience, and Attributes
- No Criminal Record.
- Minimum of Grade 12 preferably with the certificate in Road Transport.
- Valid driver’s license without endorsements and own transport essential.
- Minimum 3 – 5 Years of Transport Management / Workshop management experience.
- Minimum 3 – 5 Years experience in managing a large fleet.
- Minimum 3 – 5 Years’ mechanical experience in both diesel and petrol vehicles.
- Very good understanding of Workshop Consumables and vehicle parts.
- Computer skills with good knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Working Knowledge of SAP advantageous.
- Excellent Administration Skills.
- Must have knowledge/experience of spray painting and panel beating.
- Must have good knowledge of the following vehicles: Isuzu – Diesel, Toyota, Ford, Nissan, Golf Carts, Quad Bikes, 4 Ton Trucks
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have excellent organizational, planning, and prioritizing skills.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and encourage the development of others.
- Must be able to work reliably and responsibly with internal and external colleagues and suppliers.
- Must be proactive, innovative, and objects driven.
- Must be “hands-on” and able to resolve problems quickly.
- Must be able to handle difficult drivers with patience and understanding
- Ability to work under pressure, independently, and willing to travel. (Needs to be flexible and adaptable).
- Give great attention to detail, results-driven with great customer focus, and must be responsible and accountable.
- Must be proactive when it comes to cost-saving. Must be cost-saving orientated and ensure that the company is always getting the best deal/value when purchasing parts.
- Strong administrative ability and a positive attitude are essential.
- Have analytical thinking skills.
Package & Remuneration
R25 000 – R30 000 CTC, depending on qualifications and experience.
When applying, you need to send a “detailed” CV to Nomusa Zenzile (email@example.com). If you do not have the listed qualifications and experience, please do not apply for this specific position as you will unfortunately not be considered for this position. We aim to reply to all applicants, however, due to the high volume of interest in our vacancies it is not always possible to do so. Should you not hear from us within 2 (Two) weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.