Our Client, a leader in the Hospitality Industry, has a vacancy for a Switchboard or Front Office Operator based in Umhlanga, Durban. Must be available to start immediately.
The purpose of this position is:
- The function should be supportive, hands-on, methodical, and business-focused; creating memorable moments for our guests, taking ownership of assigned activities whilst collaborating closely with their immediate report and key business partners in order to deliver quality results
- The job incumbent acts as an ambassador for the brand, reflecting the company culture and values
- All work is carried out in accordance with company corporate policies, procedures, and service concepts according to local requirements and regulations
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support and assist in the smooth running of the front office department, where all aspects of the guest journey and experience are delivered to the highest level, ensuring both property and company standards are attained and adhered to.
- Takes responsibility for the duties and tasks assigned to the role, ensuring that all work is carried out in a timely and professional manner.
- Collaborate with colleagues to maximize guest satisfaction and comfort, delivering a positive and responsive approach to enquiries and problem resolution
- Support and deliver on the strategies and objectives of the front office department taking ownership for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Develops and builds own skills, knowledge and experience at every opportunity within front office department, which aligns with the culture of growth, development and performance expected by the company.
- Collaborates with the Head of Department, ensuring that departmental inventory is maintained, that productivity targets are achieved and performance levels are attained
- Build and maintain effective working relationships, communicating with key stakeholders whilst promoting the company culture and values.
- Ensures adherence to all legislation where due diligence requirements and best practice activities are planned, delivered and documented for internal and external audit, performing follow-up as required
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Grade 12 (Matric)
- At least 1 (One) year of experience in Front Office and Switchboard
- Ability to adapt to changing service environments
- Pro-active with a hands-on approach
- Passion for the hospitality industry
- Ability to manage work ensuring that tasks assigned are delivered
- Ability to find creative solutions, offer recommendations
- Personal integrity, with the ability to work in an environment that demands excellence
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Good IT skills
- Ability to work collaboratively at all levels within the department
- An open and positive personality
- Ability to handle challenging priorities and assignments
- Must be available to start immediately
- No criminal record
When applying, you need to send a “detailed” CV to Michele Pillay (email@example.com). The requirements are not negotiable, so if you do not have the listed qualifications and experience, you will unfortunately not be considered for this position. We aim to reply to all applicants, however, due to the high volume of interest in our vacancies it is not always possible to do so. Should you not hear from us within 2 (Two) weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Indgro Outsourcing (Pty) Ltd, Trading as Indgro Multi Services Group™ (the Company), is a member of APSO and as such, is bound by the Code of Ethics and Codes of Professional Practice, which include but are not limited to:
- The Company does not, as an Employment Services Provider, charge, directly or indirectly work seekers (candidates) any fees for services rendered, which is in accordance with Clause 15 of the Employment Service Act 2014.
- The Company, as Employment Services Provider, further will not discriminate unfairly at any time in the recruitment process regardless of ethnic origin, colour, gender, age, religion, political opinion, nationality, social origin, sexual orientation, or any other distinguishing characteristics within the proviso under the Employment Equity Act.
- No Promise of Employment:
Applying for a position at the Company or submitting your CV to the Company is or will NOT construe (express or implied), that the Company or any of its affiliates will guarantee you any position, for any particular period or at any specific compensation or benefit rate.