Our Client, with branches in Pietermaritzburg, Howick, Dalton and Durban has various vacancies for Counterhands.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing responsive, exceptional service to deli and bakery counter Clients by answering questions, making recommendations, providing samples, and responding to requests.
- Recommending, slicing, weighing, packaging, and pricing meats, bakery and cheeses.
- Preparing special orders.
- Updating displays, cases, and other Client-facing areas to ensure new items and promotions are showcased.
- Ensuring that work areas are ready to service Clients by cleaning surfaces, equipment, and floors, removing the trash, and confirming that tools are in working order.
- Following all food safety and sanitation Procedures established by the Company and other regulatory agencies.
- Cooperating with others to ensure Client satisfaction.
- Confirming that all displays, products, and services comply with Company standards.
Desired Experience and Qualification
- Grade 12 (Twelve) secondary schooling certificate.
- More than 3 (Three) years experience as Counterhand or related roll.
- Organizing and leadership skills.
- In-depth knowledge of sanitation principles.
- Working knowledge of bakery or deli.
- A courteous and efficient approach to handling Client requests, questions, and complaints.
When applying, you need to send a “detailed” CV to Nombuso Dlamini (email@example.com) with “Counterhand” in the Subject field. If you do not have the qualifications and experience as listed, you will unfortunately not be considered for this position.