Our Client, a leader in the Hospitality Industry, is seeking to employ an experienced General Manager to join their dynamic team in Cape Town. The successful candidate will ensure and maintain the highest standard of Operations concerning technical detail, product quality, standard hygiene, service image projected, financial status, and development of customer relationships. Also, maintain and develop all employee relations by the standards of the franchisor and ensure favorable ROI, which in return protects the investment of the group.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Improve service and operating standards by addressing problematic areas through proper communication (written confirmation and meetings).
- Carry out regular, properly structured meetings and training workshops with management, waitrons, and production staff.
- Review, analyse, and institute corrective measures to address all unacceptable operational aspects.
Customer Experience Management and or Complaints
- Ensure the restaurant receives 0 (Zero) complaints with many compliments.
- Grow the number of new customers entering the restaurant.
- Maintain relationships with existing customers.
- Handle and manage all complaints and or compliments from the general public proactively, punctually, and effectively.
- Identify training requirements to fulfill the job functions as allocated.
- Provide ongoing training regarding quality checks, customer service, and administration.
- Ensure proper introduction of national marketing material and activities to promote restaurant-level turnover.
- Institute and execute marketing strategies on an ongoing basis to suit the restaurant.
- Keep abreast of all new IT improvements affecting the operation.
HR and People Development
- Interview and recruit the right people for the organisation.
- Manage all terms of shift and functions.
- Apply all rules, policies, and procedures fairly and consistently.
- Maintain performance management and appraisal program.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Grade 12 (Twelve).
- At least 3 (Three) years of experience in a similar position.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Strong understanding of cost and labour systems that lead to restaurant profitability.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to manage budgets and financial reports.
- Familiarity with inventory management principles.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have own vehicle.
- No criminal record.
Package & Remuneration
Should you wish to apply for this position and meet all the requirements, please forward your CV to Patience Tapie at email@example.com. Also, please register on our database as follows:
Please remember to update your Resumé (CV) if any of the following details have changed:
- Personal Details, i.e., Marital Status and Contact Details
- Education, i.e., Additional qualifications obtained or courses completed
- Employment information
If you do not have the listed qualifications and experience, please do not apply, as you will unfortunately not be considered for this position. We aim to reply to all applicants; however, it is not always possible due to the high interest in our vacancies. Therefore, please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 2 (Two) weeks.
Indgro Outsourcing (Pty) Ltd, Trading as Indgro Multi Services Group™ (the Company), is a member of APSO and, as such, is bound by the Code of Ethics and Codes of Professional Practice, which include but are not limited to:
- The Company does not, as an Employment Services Provider, charge, directly or indirectly, work seekers (candidates) any fees for services rendered, which is by Clause 15 of the Employment Service Act 2014.
- The Company, as Employment Services Provider, further will not discriminate unfairly at any time in the recruitment process regardless of ethnic origin, color, gender, age, religion, political opinion, nationality, social origin, sexual orientation, or any other distinguishing characteristics within the proviso under the Employment Equity Act.
- No Promise of Employment:
Applying for a position at the Company or submitting your CV to the Company is or will NOT construe (express or implied) that the Company or any of its affiliates will guarantee you any position for any particular period or at any specific compensation or benefit rate.