Our Client, based in Durban (KZN), has a vacancy for a Junior Restaurant Manager. The overall purpose of this position is, but not limited to, managing the fast-food restaurant.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To maintain excellence in the execution of all duties.
- To focus on exceeding customer expectations.
- To focus on developing and training staff, as well as to provide negative and positive reinforcement, and to recognize and reward superior performance.
- To maximize the profitability of the restaurant by monitoring food, packaging, and labor costs as well as controllable expenditure to ensure that these are in line with established targets.
- Ensure that all restaurant resources, i.e. Labour, product, supplies, tills, and equipment are at the correct levels to meet the various volumes of business.
- Overseeing the overall operation of the restaurant and takeaway.
- Overseeing and managing stock control, purchasing, and orders.
- Dealing with customer complaints and maintaining customer service levels of the restaurant and takeaway.
- Managing staff including discipline and work rosters.
- Work within a team and drive the restaurant and takeaway forward.
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Grade 12 (Matric) Certificate.
- Certificate and or Diploma in Hospitality.
- At least 2 ((Two) or more years of Restaurant and Fast Food Service work experience.
- Microsoft Office Package.
- Management skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Customer Service and good verbal communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Work shifts and long hours.
- Customer service orientated.
Package & Remuneration
When applying, you need to send a “detailed” CV to Nomusa Zenzile (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you do not have the listed qualifications and experience, please do not apply for this specific position as you will unfortunately not be considered for this position. We aim to reply to all applicants, however, due to the high volume of interest in our vacancies it is not always possible to do so. Should you not hear from us within 2 (Two) weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.