Our Client, a leader in the FMCG industry, seeks to appoint a skilled and experienced Panel Beater. Applicants need to reside in around the Cape Town area.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assessing the extent of motor vehicle repairs, restoration, or customization requests.
- Managing customer expectations.
- Preparing repair or modification cost estimates and finalizing agreements.
- Planning, organizing, and scheduling the workflow.
- Accommodating customization requests.
- Ensuring compliance to industry specifications and safety standards.
- Operating recovery vehicles.
- Regularly updating customers on the progress of their repairs.
- Restoring damaged vehicles to their original condition by removing dents, mending parts, removing rust, repairing scratches, and spray painting panels.
- Carrying out inspections on bodywork and frames of vehicles to assess the extent of the damage.
- Disassembling damaged vehicle parts.
- Straightening and aligning car frames and unibodies.
- Reassembling vehicle body parts and accessories.
- Replacing or repairing windows, car interiors, and exterior trim.
- Filling and sanding bodywork.
- Carrying out painting in booth oven.
- Performing final finishing and polishing.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Grade 12 (Matric) or equivalent qualification.
- Panel beater certification, or equivalent vocational training.
- Previous experience as a panel beater would be advantageous.
- Licensed to operate recovery vehicles.
- Spray painting, general welding, and brazing experience.
- Ability to operate mechanical, hydraulic, and metalworking equipment.
- Knowledge of automotive industry safety specifications and regulations.
- Physically fit and able to operate heavy machinery.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Availability to work overtime when needed.
- Knowledge of panel beating.
- Bodywork and frame repair skills.
- Vehicle painting and spraying skills.
- Good manual and accuracy skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Physical fitness.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Own transport.
- No criminal record.
Package & Remuneration
Market related salary.
When applying, you need to send a “detailed” CV to Patience Tapile (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you do not have the listed qualifications and experience, please do not apply as you will unfortunately not be considered for this position. We aim to reply to all applicants, however, due to the high volume of interest in our vacancies it is not always possible to do so. Should you not hear from us within 2 (Two) weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Indgro Outsourcing (Pty) Ltd, Trading as Indgro Multi Services Group™ (the Company), is a member of APSO and as such, is bound by the Code of Ethics and Codes of Professional Practice, which include but are not limited to:
- The Company does not, as an Employment Services Provider, charge, directly or indirectly, work seekers (candidates) any fees for services rendered, which is per Clause 15 of the Employment Service Act 2014.
- The Company, as Employment Services Provider, further will not discriminate unfairly at any time in the recruitment process regardless of ethnic origin, colour, gender, age, religion, political opinion, nationality, social origin, sexual orientation, or any other distinguishing characteristics within the proviso under the Employment Equity Act.
- No Promise of Employment
Applying for a position at the Company or submitting your CV to the Company is or will NOT construe (express or implied) that the Company or any of its affiliates will guarantee you any position for any particular period or at any specific compensation or benefit rate.