Our Client, a leader in the Warehouse and Logistics industry, seeks to appoint a skilled and experienced Site Supervisor. Applicants need to reside in around the Cape Town area.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Resolve operational problems and coordinate activities in conjunction with managerial and technical personnel, as well as other departments and contractors.
- Ensure proper use and maintenance of personal protective equipment.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the facility.
- Maintain site safety and security.
- Conduct regular inspections and maintenance of systems and equipment.
- Handle emergencies appropriately according to established procedures .
- Prepare and file accident reports (IOD’s).
- Supervise and evaluate staff.
- Complete employee reviews and maintain accurate records of employee attendance and timesheets.
- Provide positive direction to motivate quality performance and also discipline personnel when it is necessary and appropriate.
- Handle sensitive information with confidentiality.
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Grade 12 (Matric) or equivalent qualification will be advantageous.
- Minimum of 3 (Three) to 5 (Five) years of experience as a Site Supervisor in the Warehouse industry.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Good knowledge, understanding and interpretation of technical documents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven leadership skills with a large and diverse workforce.
- Ability to nurture effective professional relationships with staff and clients.
- Strong project management abilities.
- Confidence to thrive under pressure.
- Professional demeanour and attitude.
- Good computer skills.
- Knowledge of all production equipment.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively.
- Own transport is essential.
- No crimal record.
Package & Remuneration
Market related salary.
When applying, you need to send a “detailed” CV to Patience Tapile (email@example.com). If you do not have the listed qualifications and experience, please do not apply as you will unfortunately not be considered for this position. We aim to reply to all applicants, however, due to the high volume of interest in our vacancies it is not always possible to do so. Should you not hear from us within 2 (Two) weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Indgro Outsourcing (Pty) Ltd, Trading as Indgro Multi Services Group™ (the Company), is a member of APSO and as such, is bound by the Code of Ethics and Codes of Professional Practice, which include but are not limited to:
- The Company does not, as an Employment Services Provider, charge, directly or indirectly, work seekers (candidates) any fees for services rendered, which is per Clause 15 of the Employment Service Act 2014.
- The Company, as Employment Services Provider, further will not discriminate unfairly at any time in the recruitment process regardless of ethnic origin, colour, gender, age, religion, political opinion, nationality, social origin, sexual orientation, or any other distinguishing characteristics within the proviso under the Employment Equity Act.
- No Promise of Employment
Applying for a position at the Company or submitting your CV to the Company is or will NOT construe (express or implied) that the Company or any of its affiliates will guarantee you any position for any particular period or at any specific compensation or benefit rate.