One of our leading Clients in the Car Repair and Maintenance industry is recruiting for a Qualified Mechanic (Mechanical Supervisor) to join their team in Westmead, Durban.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Fit new spark plugs.
- Fit new distributor points and condensers.
- Check the electrical system.
- Computerised tuning check.
- Adjust hand and foot brakes.
- Change brake fluid.
- Change engine oil and oil filter.
- Check gearbox and differential oil levels.
- Check coolant strength.
- Grease suspension and steering joints if applicable.
- Clean and treat battery terminals.
- Test battery.
- Check battery electrolyte levels and top up.
- Check air filter element.
- Adjust fan and other v-belts.
- Visual check on drive line, steering, fuel lines, cooling system and brake lines.
- Fit Fuel Filter.
- Report any defects noted.
- Road Test.
Desired Experience and Qualification
- Qualified Petrol and Diesel Mechanic.
- Land Rover experience or Mercedes Benz.
- Own tools.
- High level of Technical skills.
- 3 (Three) – 5 (Five) years experience.
- Must be and all-rounder, someone who is hands-on.
- Excellent People skills and knowledge of the industry.
- Confident, can make good decisions and have good judgement’ in a situation.
- Supervisory skills – will have 5 (Five) sub-ordinates to manage.
Package and Remuneration
Salary depending on experience R18 000 – R30 000 per month (Part of MIBCO Bargaining Council).
When applying, you need to ensure that you meet the requirements as they are not negotiable, so if you do not have the qualifications and experience as listed, you will unfortunately not be considered for this position.