One of our leading Clients in the Logistics industry is recruiting for a Shift Manager to join their team in Cornubia, Durban.
Duties and Responsibilities
- :Shift outcome achieves client contractual services levels.
- Shift expenditures are managed within shift budget cost overruns for shift are investigated and appropriate countermeasures are instituted to prevent further overruns.
- Monitor and enforce procedural compliance on shift.
- Shift staff are trained on company procedure. Corrective action for all non-conformances on shift.
- Continuous improvement for shift actively pursued. Hold staff on shift to account.
- Consistently disciplined and trained staff on shift. Schedule and conduct (hold) staff meetings. Resolve staff issues and queries promptly.
- Train and develop staff.
- Decisions taken guided by company values. Staff constantly reminded of values.
- Responsible for shift planning – plan shift in advance. Shift plan includes staffing and equipment according to volume and timing. Report on Shift outcome (Plan vs. Actual).
- Ensure accurate recording of staff time and attendance. Communicate plan before shift.
- Unsafe matters corrected immediately on shift.
- Shift documentation is complete and accurate for all activities. Documentation is filed on shift completion.
Desired Experience and Qualification
3 (Three) -5 (Five) years Operations and People Management experience within the Warehousing Industry.
When applying, you need to send a “detailed” CV to Minenhle Mdluli (email@example.com). The requirements are not negotiable, so if you do not have the qualifications and experience as listed, you will unfortunately not be considered for this position.